Tuesday, October 21, 2008

True Story by Brady Clayton



The Diary of Brady


I went down by the Columbia River. I saw a little man carved in the rocks. There was a sign that said, "You can't take the petroglyphs." Petroglyphs are carvings from a long time ago. Petroglyphs were used for making stories thousands of years ago. They put paint on the lines of the petroglyphs, so they wouldn't get all nasty and soon, the weather wouldn't make it so you can't see the petroglyphs.


We also went to the Maryhill Museum. We saw the crown jewels from Romania. There were peacocks there. They were not native. The Chinook people used carved rocks and straight up and down, fat sticks, or spears.
They would sneak up on the animal and kill it and then go back to thir home and skin it. Then they would put the animal on a stick and roast it. Then they would eat it.

Brady Clayton, 3rd Grade





4 comments:

Mrs. Dawkins said...

Brady,

I enjoyed your story. Going to the petroglyphs was a highlight of the field trip for me too! It is amazing to know that someone carved those pictures hundreds of years ago. I am so glad that people were thoughtful enough to save them and to display them for us to appreciate. Looking at them made me feel very peaceful.

I look forward to reading more of your stories soon!

Mrs. Dawkins

Miss Reed said...

Dear Mrs. Dawkins,

thanks for commenting on my story.

brady clayton

Sheri said...

BRADY,

YOUR DAD AND I REALLY ENJOYED YOUR STORY. WE ARE SO GLAD THAT YOU ARE LEARNING ABOUT THE AREA THAT WE LIVE IN. WE CAN'T WAIT TO READ MORE OF YOUR STORIES. YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB.

WE LOVE YOU VERY MUCH,
MOM AND DAD

Mrs.Kelly said...

Hey Brady,

Great story Brady. I agree with Mrs. Dawkins, seeing the petroglyphs was a highlight for me too.

Keep up the good writing.

Mrs. Kelly